Cardiovascular Disease Statistics
SHOCKING STATS SUMMARY:
• CVD kills 200 people in SA every day = about 13 mini bus loads of people per day!
• About 130 heart attacks and 240 strokes occur daily in SA.
• For every woman that dies of CVD, 2 men will die.
• Premature deaths caused by CVD in people of the working age (35-64yrs) are expected to increase by 41% by 2030. The negative economic impact of this will be enormous on both families (as this is the bread-winner age) and on the country.
• 6.3 million South Africans suffer with high blood pressure.